The SPF (Private Asset Management Company)
was released in order to allow the registration of investment vehicle companies
(which operate bonds, stocks or certificates of deposit, for example) that handle the management of the estate of private individuals. If you want to open an SPF in Luxembourg
, you must know that this kind of investment entity can be incorporated as many other types of businesses
, but in certain conditions.
How to establish an SPF in Luxembourg
In order to register an SPF in Luxembourg, you must respect a six stages process:
1. Deposit the minimum capital required into a blocked company bank account.
3. Draft and notarize the company contract.
4. Submit an application to the Ministry of the Middle Classes for a business license.
5. Register the company at the Chamber of Commerce.
6. Unblock the bank account in which you had deposited the company’s capital.
Legal forms of an SPF in Luxembourg
An SPF in Luxembourg is established as a corporation and can take one of the following legal forms:
• Public Limited Company (PLC, SA): this type of business is used by medium and large corporations that are managed by a board of at least three directors and have a minimum of two shareholders with limited liability;
• Limited Liability Company (LLC): this type of companies are directed by one or more managers and have at least two (but not more that forty) shareholders that possess limited liability;
• Partnership Limited by Shares (SCA): this form of partnership is limited by easily transferable shares.
• Limited Partnership (SCS) is formed by two or more liable partners, plus one or more limited partners with limited liability who hardly contribute to capital;
• Cooperative Company organized as Public Limited Company (SCoSA): this type of company must have at least seven partners and is the only business form that is subject to supervision by the Ministry of Justice. Its shares are non-transferable.
In order to successfully establish an SPF in Luxembourg, you will need the legal expertise of a company formation agent to guide you and offer assistance during the whole incorporation process. They can also provide extensive information about taxation in Luxembourg.
To obtain more data about opening an SPF in Luxembourg
, please contact
our company formation