1. Can a foreigner open a company in Luxembourg?
Yes. Luxembourg welcomes foreign investments and entrepreneurs enjoy a series of advantages if choosing to invest in Luxembourg
2. What are the types of companies that can be incorporated in Luxembourg?
The legal forms in Luxembourg
are: the limited liability company, the joint stock company, the cooperative company, the partnership and the limited partnership or the sole proprietorship. They each have their own characteristics and are suited for different business goals.
3. Does the company need to have an office in Luxembourg?
Yes. The company incorporated in Luxembourg will need to have a registered office in the country.
4. What are the steps for company incorporation in Luxembourg?
The investor will have to choose a suitable business name, obtain approval for it and draw up the company documents such as the Articles of Association. After all the documents are in order (complete with notarized copied and/or translations if needed), they are submitted to the Trade and Companies Register
5. What is the minimum share capital in Luxembourg?
The minimum share capital
depends on the chosen type of company. For the limited liability company
the capital requirements are minimum 12,2395 EUR while for the joint stock company the capital requirements are of 30,987 EUR. Our company registration agents in Luxembourg
can give you more details about the business start-up costs.
6. What are the requirements for opening a bank account in Luxembourg?
The bank account
is required for companies because the minimum share capital is deposited upon incorporation. Banks will generally require the company’s articles of association or registration certificate as well as identification details for its founders.
7. Do you need special permits and licenses in Luxembourg?
Yes. Special permits and licenses are needed for some business activities such as imports and exports.
8. What are the taxes for companies in Luxembourg?
The corporate income tax is the main tax for companies and it has a value of 21% for income over 15,000 EUR and 20% for income below this value. Other taxes in Luxembourg
include the real property tax, the stamp duty, the transfer tax, municipal business tax or social security contributions.
9. How fast can you start a new business in Luxembourg?
If all the documents are in order the company incorporation process will last approximately two weeks.
10. What are the reasons to invest in Luxembourg?
Luxembourg offers political and economic stability, a central location in Europe ideal for trade businesses, a friendly tax environment, skilled workforce and good infrastructure.
Our company registration firm in Luxembourg
can tell you more about the particularities of investing in this small European country. Contact us
for detailed answers to your questions.