When it comes to employment
, Luxembourg companies
must comply with its local legislation which is the Labor Code
, but also with all EU directives related to this kind matters. The Luxembourg Employment Law
was enabled in 2006 with the main purpose of providing specifically for labor contracts
and situations arising from them. Previously, work relations between employers and employees and labor contracts
were governed by the Civil Code in Luxembourg.
Signing an employment contract in Luxembourg
All companies in Luxembourg hiring employees
are required to make their offer based on a labor contract
. The employment agreement
must be written and must contain several elements which will distinguish it from other contracts. A Luxembourg labor agreement
- - the subordination of the employee to the employer, which is the main element of the contract;
- - the services to be offered under the contract;
- - the remuneration provided in exchange for the services.
The law recognizes two types of employment contracts in Luxembourg:
- - the indefinite or permanent labor contract;
- - the fixed-term labor contract, which cannot exceed 24 months in duration;
- - the part-time contract, which enables an employee to work less than 40 hours per week.
It must be known that managers and directors of companies in Luxembourg
do not fall under the category or usual workers, therefore they will not abide by the Employment Law
. Our company registration representatives in Luxembourg
can offer more information on employment conditions for company managers
What are the contents of a Luxembourg labor contract?
Foreign citizens are also allowed to work in the Grand Duchy based on a work visa. No matter whether the employees are residents or foreign, all employment contracts signed and registered in Luxembourg must contain the following:
- - details about the employer and employee, such as names and addresses;
- - the date of employment and first day of work;
- - the place where the work will take place;
- - the wages;
- - the working schedule;
- - the probation period;
- - information on the notice of leave;
- - information on paid leave.
Interested in payroll services in Luxembourg? our accountants can offer you this type of service, with the help of which the distribution and payment of salaries for the company's employees can be done. The procedures and formalities involved can be explained by our specialists who can also offer you a free case evaluation. Do not hesitate to contact us to discover more about the services offered. We are here to offer you all the necessary support.