A business permit in Luxembourg
can be obtained if the conditions imposed by law for business in this country are respected. You will also need support in this endeavor, and one of our company formation agents in Luxembourg
can represent and help you. In the following lines, you can discover some useful information about the business license in Luxembourg
Who needs a business permit in Luxembourg?
Both company owners and professionals who operate in the Luxembourg market under their own name must apply for a business permit in Luxembourg. Here's what you need to know about the business license in Luxembourg:
- • Those who want to open a restaurant, a bar, a hotel, or a transport company in Luxembourg must apply for a business permit in Luxembourg.
- • Likewise, those who want to work in the field of entertainment, audiovisual, engineering, or construction must have such a permit.
- • Business permits as traders in Luxembourg are required for self-employed sales agents.
- • Also, veterinarians who want to open a clinic in Luxembourg, lawyers, auditors, or dentists must have a business permit for commerce services and activities.
What is important to specify in this regard is the fact that individuals who put their own products for sale, namely artwork, recycled products, or artisanal food products, do not have to apply for a business license in Luxembourg
. But you can discuss more about the required formalities with our local representatives who can also help you with company formation in Luxembourg
Non-EU citizens and business permits in Luxembourg
Formalities for obtaining a business license in Luxembourg
Among the formalities and procedures for obtaining a business permit in Luxembourg, we mention:
- • Filling an application with the General Directorate for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Luxembourg, with support provided by one of our local specialists.
- • Standard application for obtaining a business license in Luxembourg.
- • Proof of payment of the relevant fee of EUR 24 for the "Droit de Chancellery" stamp.
- • Recent legal record.
- • Copy of the identity card.
- • Declaration of "non-bankruptcy", respectively information about the business background, if you have not experienced such problems.
These documents reach the above-mentioned authority for verification and approval. And in order to benefit from an error-free and complex process when applying for a business permit in Luxembourg, we recommend that you contact our local agents.
Why invest in Luxembourg
is an important financial center and a top destination when it comes to business. The following information about the Luxembourg economy might interest you:
- • About USD 2 trillion was the total FDI stock for Luxembourg in 2021.
- • About USD 13.3 billion was the total FDI inflows for the first 6 months of 2022.
- • Luxembourg ranks 13th on the 2022 Global Competitiveness Index.
Therefore, if you want to obtain a business permit in Luxembourg
, we invite you to contact us
. Our local agents can help you with company formation in Luxembourg
and the licenses you need.